Your agency must verify that license applicants satisfy all requirements. What if your agency lacks the ability to track such information automatically? Unfortunately, the inability to track requirements sometimes results in unqualified applicants gaining approval, placing the public at risk and compromising your agency’s reputation. Imagine what might happen if your agency overlooked a failed background check and accidentally issued a medical license to an unqualified person. The right software can allow you to avoid such mistakes by tracking requirements automatically and accurately.
Processing applications creates opportunities for inefficiency and errors:
- Staff track requirements manually.
- Agency fails to track requirements thoroughly.
- Agency approves unqualified individuals.
- Process exposes agency to liability.
- Agency faces negative press.
- Public exposed to harm.
- Agency fails internal audits.
Tracking requirements protects the public
Choose a system that allows your agency to track requirements in a number of ways. The software application offers standard functionality to set priorities and manage staff work. The application allows supervisors to view and manage staff work queues and to send notifications automatically to process tasks. Automated workflow rules prevent the issuance of licenses until all requirements are met.
Benefits of tracking application requirements automatically
- Thorough and accurate tracking.
- Only qualified applicants approved.
- Agency protects the public.
- Agency protected from potential liability.
- Agency avoids negative press.
- Agency passes internal audits.
When looking for software that helps your agency track requirements, some key features to look for in a system include:
- Manages staff work queues.
- Automatically assigns staff work.
- Automatically calculates due dates.
- Routes work through steps.
- Helps staff manage priorities.
- Sends notifications about tasks.
- Automates workflow processes.
- Offers online help.
- Guides users step-by-step through processes.
Learn more about how to track license application requirements with our licensing and permitting software.