What happens when your agency experiences a spike in calls or mail? Do staff feel overwhelmed? Inquiries from applicants and staff, especially during peak renewal periods, likely consume a great deal of time. A public website offers the most efficient method for managing the volume.
Public websites solve many common problems:
- Staff overwhelmed by phone calls.
- Staff spend time manually handling inquires.
- Staff diverted from more important work.
- Agency must add staff to handle work.
Public websites offer solutions
Websites help your agency manage the volume of inquiries during peak times. Instead of calling your staff or sending mail, members of the public and your licensees simply look up information online any time. In addition, websites offer secure access to all types of status information related to your agency.
Benefits of online public inquiries:
- Web pages, not staff, handle inquires.
- Staff feel supported.
- Staff focus on high priority work.
- Agency operates efficiently with current staff.
Features to look for:
When looking at how to manage peak renewal periods online, some key features to look for in a system include:
- Offers public inquiry websites.
- Provides automated, secure access to all types of status information.
- Includes online license verification web pages.
- Includes online application status web pages.
- Creates status websites for any agency process.